The main activities of the laboratory are
- Molecular identification of new, close and similar species of nematode ruminants and gastropods, clarifying the taxonomy and phylogeny of the species;
- Study of the species composition of nematodes of ungulates, circle intermediate hosts (terrestrial mollusks, earthworms, dipteral insects) and the degree of infestation of these nematodes parasites of ungulates;
- Development of methods for molecular genetics diagnosis of representatives of the nematode families of Metastrongylidae, Dictyocaulidae, Protostrongylidae ва Trichostrongylidae ets and control the number of pathogens nematodosis ungulates;
- Conduct based on PCR technology rapid diagnosis of parasitic diseases. The development of allele specific primers for express diagnostics of helminthes and insects on the basis of the analyzed DNA sequences. Inclusion of the obtained nucleotide sequences in International Genbank (NCBI);
- The preparation of protein peptide compounds and their use for the treatment of various diseases in farm animals.
The achievements of the laboratory at the world level
As a result of the morphological and molecular identification allowed specifying species of endemic protostrongylids 5: Protostrongylus rufescens, P.hobmaieri, Protostrongylus sp., Spiculocaulus leuckarti and Cystocaulus ocreatus – parasites of Caprines. Studied the molecular phylogeny of 18 species of nematodes belonging to 9 genera, 4 subfamilies family protostrongylids nucleotide analysis of consistency between ITS-2 (Kuchboev et al., 2015).
Molecular-genetic approaches made it possible to differentiate the nematodes from H. contortus and H. plaсei species and give them validate species. In a comparative study of nucleotide sequences of ITS-2 ribosomal DNA, these nematodes showed differences in six nucleotides, the percentage of which was 2.6% (Abramatov et al., 2013).
Molecular-taxonomy studies of the 18S and ITS1 region of the ribosomal DNA of endemic species of gastropods in Uzbekistan were conducted: Pseudonapaeus maydanika, P. sogdianus, P. albiplicatus, Pseudonapaeus sp., Angiomphallia regeliana, Xeropicta candacharica, Candaharia levanderi and Deroceras reticulatum. Of these, 7 species of gastropods (without D.reticulatum) were first deposited in Genbank (NCBI) (Kuchboev et al., 2017).
The laboratory-production testing anthelmintics: albendazole, timbendazol, YZ-Alben, Gelmitsid and Medapek to spontaneously infected Ostertagiinae (ostertagiasis, marshallagiasis teladorsagiasis et al.) of sheep and goats. At the same time we get a high efficacy of these drugs. Practical recommendations for the prevention of intestinal nematodes ruminants, and guidelines and methods of DNA extraction from tissue nematodes.
Species-specific primers were designed for some species of nematodes. According to the invention was received Patent (2017) to use it for molecular diagnostics nematode in veterinary practice.
Figure. Phylogenetic tree of Protostrongylid nematodes based on ITS-2 sequences
Kuchboev Abdurakhim Ergashevich
Head of Laboratory. Dr. Biol. Sci.
Scientific direction in short
Molecular biology, fauna, morphology, Molecular taxonomy and systematics of nematodes of animals and terrestrial mollusks
Kaharov Boltaboy Abdugaforovich
Senior Scientific Researcher, PhD
Scientific direction in short
Immunodiagnostics, immunomodulation, when the disease occurs in animals with parasites, their immunocorrection
Karimova Rokhatoi Rakhmatovna
Junior scientific researcher
Scientific direction in short
Molecular biology and ecology of nematodes animals, terrestrial mollusks – intermediate hosts helminthes
Name and number of the Republican and foreign grants
- Applied project A9-FA-0-53289: “Development of methods for molecular genetic diagnosis and control of the number of pathogens of nematodes of ungulates” (2012-2014).
- Application project FA-A8-T004: “Molecular identification of polymorphic nematode species of the digestive system of ruminant animals and control of numbers of pathogens” (2015-2017).
Monographs, a study guide and literature, recommendations (2012-2017)
- Pazilov A., Kuchboev A.E. Terrestrial mollusks – as intermediate hosts of helminthes of domestic and wild animals in Uzbekistan. The atlas-determinant. Tashkent, 2017. 75 p.
- Kuchboev A.E, Shakarboev E.B, Amirov O.O, Karimova R.R. The main nematodes of organs of the digestive system of ruminant animals, diagnosis and control measures for their prevention (recommendation).Tashkent, 2016. 43 p.
- Kuchboev А.E, Karimova Р.R, Pazilov A., Egamberdiev M.H., Ruziev B.Kh. Helminthoses, developing with the participation of terrestrial mollusks and their prevention. Recommendation. Tashkent, 2017. 40 p.
- Patent, certificate of authorship. Kuchboev A.E, Amirov O.O, Karimova R.R. Differential DNA-diagnostics of different stages of the life cycle of nematodes – pathogens of protostrongylosis of animals using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method. Patent for invention. No. IAP 05381 / 02.03. 2017.
List of scientific articles published with indication of the impact factor (2012-2017)
- Kuchboev A.E., Krücken J., Karimova R.R., Ruziev B.H., PazilovА. Infection levels of protostrongylid nematodes in definitive caprine and intermediate gastropod hosts from Uzbekistan // Journal of Helminthology. – , 2017. 91 (2). – P. 235-243 (IF-1.63).
- Kuchboev A., Karimova R.R., Egamberdiev M.H., Endoh D., Asakawa M. Molecular survey of gastropods as intermediate hosts of protostrongylid nematodes in Uzbekistan // Jpn. J. Vet. Parasitol., 2017, 16 (1-2). P.1-10 (IF-0.4).
- Kuchboev A.E, Karimova R.R, Pazilov A., Ruziev B.H., Amirov O.O. Terrestrial mollusks of Uzbekistan – intermediate hosts of protostrongylids (Nematoda: Protostrongylidae) // Russian parasitological journal. – M., 2017. – T.39. – Вып. 1. – P. 48-54 (IF-0.1).
- Amirov O.O, Karimova R.R, Shakariev E.B, Kuchboev A.E, Kuznetsov D.N. Nematodes of the digestive system of domestic ruminant Uzbekistan // Russian parasitological journal. – M., 2016. – T.38. N4 . – P.439-446 (IF-0.1).
- Kuchboev, A. E., Amirov, O.O., Karimova, R. R. and Asakawa, M. Nematodes in the digestive tract of domestic ruminants in Uzbekistan // Jpn. J. Vet. Parasitol. – 2016. 15. – P.124-129 (IF-0.4).
- Kuchboev A.E, Amirov O.O, Shakariev E.B, Karimova R.R, Golovanov V.I, Abramatov M.B, Kuznetsov DN. Epizootology of parabronemosis of domestic ruminant Uzbekistan // Journal of Veterinary. Moscow, 2016, -№4. -C.28-31 (IF-0.4).
- Azimov D, Saparov K, Akramova F, Kuchboev A, Gaipova M, Golovanov V, Shakarbaev U.A. Nematodes of the genus Setaria Viborg, 1795 (Filariina: Setaridae) – parasites of animals of Uzbekistan: morphological and molecular approaches to their differentiation. Russian parasitological journal. – Moscow, 2015. – № 4. – P. 10-16 (IF-0.1)
- Kuchboev A.E., Krucken J., Ruziev B.H., von Samson-Himmelstjerna G. Molecular phylogeny and diagnosis of species of the family Protostrongylidae from caprine hosts in Uzbekistan// Parasitology Research 2015, 114 (4): 1355-1364.
- Kuchboev A.E, Karimova R.R, Ruziev B.Kh., Salakhutdinov I.B, Egamberdiev Sh.Sh. Morphological and molecular characteristics of some nematode species of the family Protostrongylidae Leiper, 1926 // Russian Parasitological Journal, 2015. – No. 3. – P. 7-14 (IF-0.1).
- Abramatov M.B., Amirov O.O., Kuchboev A.E., Khalilov I.M., Abdurakhmanov I.Y. Morphological and Molecular characterization of species Haemonchus contortus and H. placei (Nematoda: Trichostrongylidae) from Uzbekistan by sequences of the second internal transcribed spacer of ribosomal DNA// Scientia Parasitologica, 2013, 14 (3): 115-120.
- Saparov K., Akramova F., Azimov D., Golovanov V., Kuchboev A. Biodiversity of filariae (Nematoda: Filariata), parasites of birds in Uzbekistan//Turkish Journal of Zoology, 2013 (37): 746-752.
- Kuchboev A.E., Karimova R.R., Ruziev B.Kh., Azimov D.A. Ecological aspects of nematodes of the family Protostrongylidae, parasites of Bovidae // Scientia Parasitologica, 2012. 13(1): 17-25.