The main activities of the laboratory are
- Molecular identification of new, close and similar species of nematode ruminants and gastropods, clarifying the taxonomy and phylogeny of the species;
- Study of the species composition of nematodes of ungulates, circle intermediate hosts (terrestrial mollusks, earthworms, dipteral insects) and the degree of infestation of these nematodes parasites of ungulates and the degree of infection of ungulates;
- Morphological and molecular identification and inventory of rare vertebrates, terrestrial mollusks (Gastropoda: Pulmonata, Stylommatophora) and parasitic nematodes of animals in Uzbekistan;
- Conduct based on PCR technology rapid diagnosis of parasitic diseases. The development of allele specific primers for express diagnostics of helminthes and insects on the basis of the analyzed DNA sequences. Inclusion of the obtained nucleotide sequences in International Genbank (NCBI);
- Research and testing of new anthelmintic nematodcidal action based on local plant resources against animal nematodoses and the development of their prevention.
The achievements of the laboratory at the world level
As a result of the morphological and molecular identification allowed specifying species of endemic protostrongylids 5: Protostrongylus rufescens, P.hobmaieri, Protostrongylus sp., Spiculocaulus leuckarti and Cystocaulus ocreatus – parasites of Caprines. Studied the molecular phylogeny of 18 species of nematodes belonging to 9 genera, 4 subfamilies family protostrongylids nucleotide analysis of consistency between ITS-2 (Kuchboev et al., 2015).
Molecular-genetic approaches made it possible to differentiate the nematodes from H. contortus and H. plaсei species and give them validate species. In a comparative study of nucleotide sequences of ITS-2 ribosomal DNA, these nematodes showed differences in six nucleotides, the percentage of which was 2.6% (Abramatov et al., 2013).
Molecular-taxonomy studies of the 18S and ITS1 region of the ribosomal DNA of endemic species of gastropods in Uzbekistan were conducted: Pseudonapaeus maydanika, P. sogdianus, P. albiplicatus, Pseudonapaeus sp., Angiomphallia regeliana, Xeropicta candacharica, Candaharia levanderi and Deroceras reticulatum. Of these, 7 species of gastropods (without D.reticulatum) were first deposited in Genbank (NCBI) (Kuchboev et al., 2017).
The laboratory-production testing anthelmintics: albendazole, timbendazol, YZ-Alben, Gelmitsid and Medapek to spontaneously infected Ostertagiinae (ostertagiasis, marshallagiasis teladorsagiasis et al.) of sheep and goats. At the same time we get a high efficacy of these drugs. Practical recommendations for the prevention of intestinal nematodes ruminants, and guidelines and methods of DNA extraction from tissue nematodes.
Species-specific primers were designed for some species of nematodes. According to the invention was received Patent (2017) to use it for molecular diagnostics nematode in veterinary practice.
Figure. Phylogenetic tree of Protostrongylid nematodes based on ITS-2 sequences
Kuchboev Abdurakhim Ergashevich
Dr. Biol. Sci., Professor, Head of Laboratory.
Scientific direction in short
Molecular zoology, fauna, morphology, molecular phylogeny parasitic nematodes, terrestrial mollusks, rare ruminants, barcoding\
Karimova Rokhatoy Rakhmatovna
Scientific direction in short
Molecular zoology; ecology and biology nematodes of animals and terrestrial mollusks – intermediate hosts helminthes
Name and number of the Republican and foreign grants
- Applied project A9-FA-0-53289: “Development of methods for molecular genetic diagnosis and control of the number of pathogens of nematodes of ungulates” (2012-2014).
- Application project FA-A8-T004: “Molecular identification of polymorphic nematode species of the digestive system of ruminant animals and control of numbers of pathogens” (2015-2017).
- Application project PZ-2017092035: “Nematodes of ruminants and the development of methods for the diagnosis and prevention of infections” (2018-2020).
Monographs, a study guide and literature, recommendations (2012-2017)
- Pazilov A., Kuchboev A.E. Terrestrial mollusks – as intermediate hosts of helminthes of domestic and wild animals in Uzbekistan. The atlas-determinant. Tashkent, 2017. 75 p.
- Kuchboev A.E, Shakarboev E.B, Amirov O.O, Karimova R.R. The main nematodes of organs of the digestive system of ruminant animals, diagnosis and control measures for their prevention (recommendation).Tashkent, 2016. 43 p.
- Kuchboev А.E, Karimova Р.R, Pazilov A., Egamberdiev M.H., Ruziev B.Kh. Helminthoses, developing with the participation of terrestrial mollusks and their prevention. Recommendation. Tashkent, 2017. 40 p.
- Patent, certificate of authorship. Kuchboev A.E, Amirov O.O, Karimova R.R. Differential DNA-diagnostics of different stages of the life cycle of nematodes – pathogens of protostrongylosis of animals using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method. Patent for invention. No. IAP 05381 / 02.03. 2017.
List of scientific articles published with indication of the impact factor (2012-2023)
- Kuchboev A., Egamberdiev M., Karimova R., Asakawa M. Prevalence and molecular identification of larval parasite of Dicrocoelium dendriticum from intermediate hosts (Gastropoda) in Uzbekistan// Frontline of Parasitology: The 88th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Parasitology, 15-16 March, 2019. Nagasaki University, Japan. Nagasaki, 2019. P.87.
- Kuchboev A.E., Krücken J., Karimova R.R., Ruziev B.H., PazilovА. Infection levels of protostrongylid nematodes in definitive caprine and intermediate gastropod hosts from Uzbekistan // Journal of Helminthology. – , 2017. 91 (2). – P. 235-243 (IF-1.63).
- Kuchboev A., Karimova R.R., Egamberdiev M.H., Endoh D., Asakawa M. Molecular survey of gastropods as intermediate hosts of protostrongylid nematodes in Uzbekistan // Jpn. J. Vet. Parasitol., 2017, 16 (1-2). P.1-10 (IF-0.4).
- Kuchboev A.E, Karimova R.R, Pazilov A., Ruziev B.H., Amirov O.O. Terrestrial mollusks of Uzbekistan – intermediate hosts of protostrongylids (Nematoda: Protostrongylidae) // Russian parasitological journal. – M., 2017. – T.39. – Вып. 1. – P. 48-54 (IF-0.1).
- Amirov O.O, Karimova R.R, Shakariev E.B, Kuchboev A.E, Kuznetsov D.N. Nematodes of the digestive system of domestic ruminant Uzbekistan // Russian parasitological journal. – M., 2016. – T.38. N4. – P.439-446 (IF-0.1).
- Kuchboev, A. E., Amirov, O.O., Karimova, R. R. and Asakawa, M. Nematodes in the digestive tract of domestic ruminants in Uzbekistan // Jpn. J. Vet. Parasitol. – 2016. 15. – P.124-129 (IF-0.4).
- Kuchboev A.E, Amirov O.O, Shakariev E.B, Karimova R.R, Golovanov V.I, Abramatov M.B, Kuznetsov DN. Epizootology of parabronemosis of domestic ruminant Uzbekistan // Journal of Veterinary. Moscow, 2016, -№4. -C.28-31 (IF-0.4).
- Azimov D, Saparov K, Akramova F, Kuchboev A, Gaipova M, Golovanov V, Shakarbaev U.A. Nematodes of the genus Setaria Viborg, 1795 (Filariina: Setaridae) – parasites of animals of Uzbekistan: morphological and molecular approaches to their differentiation. Russian parasitological journal. – Moscow, 2015. – № 4. – P. 10-16 (IF-0.1)
- Kuchboev A.E., Krucken J., Ruziev B.H., von Samson-Himmelstjerna G. Molecular phylogeny and diagnosis of species of the family Protostrongylidae from caprine hosts in Uzbekistan// Parasitology Research 2015, 114 (4): 1355-1364.
- Kuchboev A.E, Karimova R.R, Ruziev B.Kh., Salakhutdinov I.B, Egamberdiev Sh.Sh. Morphological and molecular characteristics of some nematode species of the family Protostrongylidae Leiper, 1926 // Russian Parasitological Journal, 2015. – No. 3. – P. 7-14 (IF-0.1).
- Abramatov M.B., Amirov O.O., Kuchboev A.E., Khalilov I.M., Abdurakhmanov I.Y. Morphological and Molecular characterization of species Haemonchus contortus and H. placei (Nematoda: Trichostrongylidae) from Uzbekistan by sequences of the second internal transcribed spacer of ribosomal DNA// Scientia Parasitologica, 2013, 14 (3): 115-120.
- Saparov K., Akramova F., Azimov D., Golovanov V., Kuchboev A. Biodiversity of filariae (Nematoda: Filariata), parasites of birds in Uzbekistan//Turkish Journal of Zoology, 2013 (37): 746-752.
- 1. Kuchboev A., Egamberdiev M., Karimova R., Amirov O., Asakawa M. Occurrence of Larval Dicrocoeliun dentriticum and Brachylaima sp. in Gastropod Intermediate Hosts from Fergana Valley, Uzbekistan. Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 2020, 52 (3). P.1157-1160. https://dx.doi.org/10.17582/journal.pjz/20190320060356 (Scopus IF- 0.9)
- Abramatov M. B., Kuchboev A. E. Azimov D. A. Morfologicheskie osobennosti vidov Haemonchus contortus and H. placei (Nematoda: Trichostrongylidae)// scientific bulletin of NamDU, 2020, No. 5. -P. 66-73.
- Najmiddinov E.Kh., Kuchboev A.E., Amirov O.O., Abdinazarov Kh.Kh., Madumarov M.J. Helminths of fish in water bodies of Fergana region// Scientific bulletin of NamDU, 2020, No. 5. -P. 73-79.
- Karimova R.R., Komilov B.J., Amirov O.O., Sobirova H.G’., Eshbakova K.A., Kakharov B.A., Kuchboev A.E. Effect of plant extracts with anthelmintic properties on animal gastrointestinal nematodes (in vitro) // Scientific and practical journal of Infection, Immunity and Pharmacology. 2020, 3. – P. 91-95.
- Kuchboev A., Sobirova K., Karimova R., Amirov O., Samson-Himmelstjerna G., Krucken J. Molecular analysis of polymorphic species of the genus Marshallagia (Nematoda: Ostertagiinae). 2020. Parasites Vectors 13, 411 https://doi.org/10.1186/s13071-020-04265-1 (Scopus IF- 3.1)
- Najmiddinov E.Kh., Kuchboev A.E., Mukhammadiev M.A. Fauna helmintov obyknovennoy marinki Schizothorax eurystomus Kessler, 1972 verkhovev reki Syrdari//Uzbekskiy biologicheskiy zhurl, 2020. N5. P. 55-59.
- Kuchboev A.E., Sobirov X.F., Amirov O.O., Karimova R.R., Madumarov M.J., Abdurakhimov A., Abdullaev A.A. Molecular-genetic identification of Bukhara deer (Cervus elaphus bactrianus Lydekker, 1900) in Uzbekistan // Khorezm Ma’mun Academy newsletter: scientific journal, 2021. 2. P. 22-27.
- Madumarov M.J., Kuchboev A.E. Daphnia are intermediate hosts of the nematode Echinuria uncinata (Nematoda: Acuariidae)// Newsletter of Khorezm Ma’mun Academy: scientific journal, 2021. 2. P. 27-32.
- Amirov O.O., Kuchboev A.E., Sobirova H.G., Karimova R.R., Omonov S.N. Effect of Plant Extracts on the Gastrointestinal Nematodes of Ruminants in Uzbekistan // Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences, 2021. Vol: 9(9); P.1396-1400. https://nexusacademicpublishers.com/journal/4 (Scopus IF- 0.9)
- Madumarov M.M., Kuchboev A.E., Abdunazarov H.Kh., Amirov O.O. Development of the parasite nematode Echinuria uncinata (Nematoda: Acuariidae) in the intermediate host Daphnia magna, in Uzbekistan // Egyptian Journal of Aquatic Biology of Fisheries. – 2021, Vol 25(6); – P. 43-48. https://ejabf.journals.ekb.eg/article_210299.html (Scopus IF- 0.8)
- Kuchboev A.E, Najmidinov E.Kh., Mukhamediev M.A., Karimova R.R., Yildiz K. Morphological and ecological features of some nematodes of the genus Rhabdochona in marinka obtained from Fergana Valley, Uzbekistan. Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 45(4), 1084-1089. http://doi.org/10.1007/s12639-021-01409-7 (Scopus IF-0.9)
- Kuchboev A., Amirov O., Soliyeva G., Karimova R., Sabirov H., Abramatov M., Kakhramanov B. Morphological and molecular identification of three species Teladorsagia (Nematoda: Trichostrongylidae) in sheep, Uzbekistan // IOP Conference Series : Earth and Environmental Science, 2021. Vol: 939; 012078. P. 1-7. http://doi:10.1088/1755-1315/939/1/012078
- Sobirov H.F., Kuchboev A.E., Amirov O.O., Karimova R.R., Abdullaev A.A. Molecular identification of rare species of wild sheep (Ovis ammon severtzovi and O. vignei arkal) in Uzbekistan// News of KarDU, 2022. 2/1. P. 102-106.
- Ikromov E.E., Ikromov E.F., Kuchboev A.E., Amirov O.O. New species of trematode metacercariae (Echinostomatidae and Diplostomatidae) from the lake frog for the fauna of Uzbekistan. Biological Sciences of Kazakhstan, 2022, N1, P.8-13.
- Abramatov M., Kuchboev A., Ruziev B., Sobirov Kh. Diversity of Gastrointestinal Nematodes in Domestic Ruminants of Uzbekistan // Pakistan Journal of Zoology. 2022, 54(5) P.2445-2448, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.17582/journal.pjz/20210629120602 (Scopus IF- 0.8)
- Kuchboev AE, Krücken J. Prevalence, Intensity of Infection and Molecular Diagnosis of Mixed Infections with Metastrongylus spp. (Metastrongylidae) in Wild Boars in Uzbekistan. Pathogens. 2022; 11(11):1316. https://doi.org/10.3390/pathogens11111316 (Scopus IF- 4.5)
- Kuchboev A., Eamberdiyev M. Morphological and molecular identification of land molluscs as intermediate hosts of lungworms. Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences, 2023. Vol: 11(1); P.57-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.17582/journal.aavs/2023/188.8.131.52 (Scopus IF- 1.0)
Employees of the laboratory are engaged in studying the problems of different groups of helminthes animals and their intermediate hosts (terrestrial mollusks, earthworms, insects of diptera), fauna, morphology, taxonomy and phylogeny, as well as immunodiagnostics.
Based on the nucleotide sequence of the ribosomal and mitochondrial DNA of widely distributed nematodes of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tract of animals analyzed by bioinformatics method, an allele of specific primers of these species will be developed. These in the future will allow the use of parasites and mollusks for PCR-express diagnostics and introduce them into practice for the veterinary.
In the future, research will be conducted on the phylogeny and reconstruction of the evolutionary development of individual groups of parasitic organisms and the construction of a natural classification;
The study of the resistance of helminthes to an anthelmintic preparation, caused by interactions of gene protein structures;
Development of immune-enzyme diagnostics of parasitic diseases and their improvement;
Training of young researchers of molecular biology and bioinformatics in scientific centers of developed countries.
In addition, according to the method of immunology, peptide compounds from animal blood will be obtained and the effect of mechanisms on the immune system will be studied, on the basis of this serum mass, biological preparations can be obtained and used for some non-contagious animal diseases.
The laboratory is equipped with modern equipment and office equipment.